Islamic Prayer Times in Iran


Our Islamic Prayer Times in Iran Page on gives you access to updated and accurate Salah timings for all cities in Iran according to your geographical location. Whether you're a resident or a tourist, you don't have to worry about finding precise prayer times in Iran for Fajr, Dhuhr, Asr, Maghrib, and Isha Salah all year round.

According to the Islamic Republic's official survey in 2018, approximately all of Iran's 82,000,000 population are Muslims. Iran has an overwhelming majority of Shia Muslims – about 90 percent of Iranians practice Shi'ism, and it is thus the country's official religion. The remaining 10 percent are Sunni Muslims, predominantly Kurds, Arabs, Achomi, Turkmens, Persians, and Baloch residing in the northeast, northwest, southeast, and south.

Islamic Prayer Times in Iran has you covered when finding exact Salah times in any city in Iran. To receive notifications for each Salah on the go, bookmark the Prayer Timings Schedule on your mobile phone.

Find Accurate Prayer Times with Muslim and Quran

Find precise Salah timings for any city in Iran on our Prayers Time Page. These prayer time schedules are updated automatically to ensure you always receive reliable and accurate Salah timings. You can easily access the prayer times for today's five prayers from your laptop or via the Muslim and Quran app; a countdown to the upcoming Salah is also available! And if you wish to be reminded about Salah times all year round, download the complete Prayer Schedule for the Islamic year.

Islamic Community Services and Organizations in Iran

Iran has many Islamic non-profit and government organizations involved in supporting and safeguarding Muslim populations and vulnerable communities in Iran and worldwide. Two such institutions include:

  1. Iranian Red Crescent Society: A non-profit organization striving to alleviate human suffering, ensure mutual respect for all individuals, establish friendship and lasting peace between nations, support people's lives, and improve their health without discrimination.
  2. Islamic Culture and Communication Organization: An organization affiliated with the Ministry of Culture and Islamic Guidance involved in expanding and strengthening cultural relations with other Islamic nations and ethnic groups, enhancing unity between Muslims worldwide, propagating the subject of Islamic belief, jurisprudence, ethics, and more.

Cities with the Largest Muslim Population in Iran

Tehran is the capital and the largest city in Iran, with a population of 8.7 million according to a 2016 census, i.e., 11 percent of Iran's population. Mashhad is the second largest city in the country, with a population of 4.2 million as of 2019. Mashhad is considered one of the divinest Shia cities globally and is also the site of the Imam Reza shrine. Isfahan is Iran's third most populous city, with a population of 2.5 million as of 2019. The Iranian city of Karaj is the fourth most populous, with a population of 2.1 million as of 2019, and the fifth most populous Iranian city is Shiraz, with a population of 1.57 million as of 2021.

Islamic Education and Institutions in Iran

Numerous educational institutions in Iran offer primary and higher Islamic education, including degrees, diplomas, and short courses. Two of them are:

  1. Ahl al-Bayt International University (ABU): The ABU is the only university in Tehran where 90 percent of students are elite and ambitious Muslims. The university offers a professional and welcoming environment where local and international students learn from top-level professors and enroll in cultural-educational projects to develop their full potential in Iran.
  2. Al-Mustafa Open University: An international institution that aims to spread Islamic knowledge, humanities, and socialites. Using the latest technologies in virtual space, Al-Mustafa Open University offers equal opportunities for all individuals interested in acquiring Islamic knowledge irrespective of religion, gender, and nationality.

Connect with the Muslim Community in Iran

Bookmark the Muslim and Quran Islamic Prayer Times Page in Iran on the Muslim and Quran app or website, and never worry about missing your Salah again. Wherever you are in the country, you will be notified of precise and latest Salah times on the go. aims to create a global network for Muslims to access Islamic education and for Muslim communities worldwide to grow and prosper. Become a part of our cause and join your local prayer group, become members of your community centers, and participate in religious gatherings to spread the message of Islam far and wide!